The Catholic University of America—ranked among the top Catholic Schools of Social Work in the Nation, prepares its graduates to pass the Licensed Graduate Social Work (LGSW) exam and pursue fulfilling careers as clinical social workers. Also available as an on-campus option.
- 95% of our graduates pass the LGSW exam on the first attempt
- A fully CSWE-accredited MSW program
- Our Field Education Office assists you with an MSW Internship
- Accelerated, full time and part time study options are available
- Highly flexible scheduling. Ideal for working professionals.
- Scholarships are available
Social work isn't merely a job—it's a profession that is a passion for those who work in the field. The comprehensive clinical social work coursework will prepare you for a successful career in a wide variety of fields, including:
- Medical/Public Health
- Mental Health
- Substance Abuse
- Child Welfare
- K-12 Social Work
The Online MSW program prepares you for advanced clinical practice through curriculum that covers social work topics, such as:
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental illness
- Clinical social work with adults, children and families
- Cognitive-behavioral and psychodynamic theories
Online Learning with a Student-Centered Faculty
The Catholic University Online MSW offers a small, intimate learning environment. Through our unique learning platform students develop a professional working relationship with our faculty. Faculty mentors enable students to become part of a valuable professional network to tap into for years to come.
The Online MSW program includes the same features that make the on-campus program unique:
- Small class sizes - classes are typically capped at 25 students
- A hands-on, responsive faculty
- Student input in identifying field placements
- Emphasis on the understanding and application of theory in evidence-based practices
Students in the asynchronous online MSW program learn at their own pace. Students have 24/7 access to their courses. There is no requirement to be online at set times. Students access their courses when it's convenient for them. There also is no requirement for an on-campus presence.
Clinical social workers enhance and maintain the physical, psychological and spiritual well-being of individuals, families, and groups within their communities. Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) also provide much-needed mental health care services aimed at preventing and treating a wide range of mental and behavioral disorders in people from all social, financial, and ethnic classes. The social work sector is expected to grow by 19 percent through 2022, with a major emphasis being placed on hiring LCSWs. Catholic University's online learning format gives you the knowledge, skills and training, readying you to sit for the LGSW licensing exam.
Take the first step to earning your Master of Social Work and receive your application fee waiver today!